About Our Eye Exams
Total Vision and Hearing is dedicated to providing comprehensive eye exams by independent Doctors of Optometry. It is important to do regular eye exams to check the health of the eye as well as determining the proper prescription for eye glasses.
- People 65 years and older and those younger than 20, are covered by OHIP for a routine eye examination provided by either an optometrist or physician once every 12 months plus any follow-up assessments that may be required.
- Specified ophthalmology services for patients of any age with specified medical conditions or diseases affecting the eyes are insured.
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 years with specified medical conditions affecting the eye can receive an OHIP insured regular eye examination once every 12 months.
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 with any of the following conditions can go directly to their optometrist or physician to receive an OHIP insured eye examination: diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, cataract, retinal disease, amblyopia, visual field defects, corneal disease, strabismus, recurrent uveitis or optic pathway disease.
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 who have certain medical conditions not listed above may also be covered for regular eye examinations. They should discuss this with their primary health care provider.
Do You Need An Eye Exam?
Book an Eye Exam at Total Vision & Hearing Today!